Medical, Herbal and Home Remedies For Heartburn
Heartburn is kind of an uncomfortable burning sensation right behind the chest. Heartburn is caused by acid reflux. Acid reflux is a process in which lower esophagus sphincter, means the acid goes back to your esophagus from stomach. Acid reflux is responsible for heart burning and this acid actually burns your throat and chest.
It is one of the irritating diseases most adults are facing. If you are irritated with this stomach acid , acidity, stomach pain, Indigestion problem, all you need to read these medical, Herbal and home remedies for heartburn.
Precaution: Do not Use Any Medicine without Prescription
GAVISCON: This syrup contains sodium alginate and sodium bicarbonate, which works against acid reflux. It is being used for the relief of heartburn and acidity.
DIJEX MP: DIJEX MP is produced by Abbott, which contains alumina magnesia + simethicone. It is another best medical remedy for for acid reflux.
Alsovina: Alsovina is produced by Lasani, which is best herbal product for peptic ulcer, acidity and heartburn. It also recovers stomach pain and intestinal wounds etc. You need to take two tablespoon of Alsovina three times a day.
Baking Soda: The first home remedy for heartburn is baking soda. You need to take a teaspoonful of sodium bicarbonate with fresh water. Sodium bicarbonate is a base substance, which reduces burning, sensation of heartburn and gnawing etc.
Directions: You just need to put one teaspoon of baking soda into a glass of water. Just shake it and give it a good stir. Just drink the whole glass and repeat this process every 6 hours.
Side Effects: You should not repeat this remedy after a week, because it contains salt, which will affect your stomach and throat.
Eat an apple or a banana
Eating an apple or a banana is another great home remedy for heart-burning. Banana contains antacids properties, which reduces acid reflux. Eating apple after meal is another great remedy for acid reflux. Just make slices of apple and eat before bedtime.
Take Ginger-root With Water
Ginger-root is another best home remedy for heartburn and stomach woes. All you need small pieces of ginger and 2 cup of water. You need to slice up 3 quarter sized of ginger and put it into 2 cups of water. Leave it for 30 minutes and drink one glass of ginger mixture before every meal.
Free Tips To Get Rid Of Acid Reflux
- Chewing a sugar-free gum after meal can help of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Do not lie down after eating; wait for at least one hour
- While eating take small bites and eat slowly
- Avoid eating all those fruits and foods which contains high volume of acid
- If you are facing stomach problem, do not take spicy foods
- Take food every 4-5 hours and don’t put lots of pressure on your stomach
- Avoid tighten about your waist and on middle can also increase heartburn
- Avoid drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes, because it also increases acid reflux
- Overweight increases GERD, therefore try to maintain a healthy weight through exercise
- Taking 4-5 almonds after meal can help to reduce acid reflux
Vomit with the help of your finger. Put your finger into your mouth and push it back of your throat and vomit. Vomiting actually throw up all toxic foods out, through which you can get relieve from heartburn.